Friday, May 13, 2011

My Favorite Warbler

Note: It appears that blogger somehow deleted this posting from yesterday, hence a repost, and re-tweet.

The Prairie Warbler, my favorite warbler, has returned for the second year to Old Ferry Road in Brattleboro. Going east toward Windham Waste Management facility, there are storage buildings on the left (across from C&S). At the east end of the storage facility, the Prairie Warbler is singing in bushes along the cyclone fence and immediate surrounding area. (This species was not recorded in Windham County during the Breeding Bird Atlas survey.) Photos are from this morning ...

Prairie Warbler

Prairie Warbler
In many places this morning, I saw and heard my favorite warbler - the Chestnut-sided Warbler ....

Chestnut-sided Warbler

Chestnut-sided Warbler
 Also this morning, I saw and heard on Black Mountain my favorite warbler - the Black-throated Blue Warbler.

Black-throated Blue Warbler
Ahhh ... MAY!! - pleasant temperatures, blossoming bushes, singing birds, and warbler neck!

Good birding.

4 comments:

Hilke Breder said...

Terrific images, Chris! I checked on the Pairie Warbler about 10 days ago since I understand that return to the same spot every year, but he hadn't arrived yet. Now that I have my camera back I am going head down there tomorrow morning.

Chris said...

Looks like this was the "CHRIS" warbly day ;-) Fantastic post with so many nice pictures and species. I kind of know why they are your favorite.... I would love to get so colorful warblers around here ;-)
I'm amazed to see how different they are from the European warblers which are less colorful...

Kelly said...

Haha! My sentiments exactly (gorgeous photos)...

Kay Baughman said...

All my favorites, too! We had wonderful warbler-watching last week with 19 species--but I would have traded several for a Prairie Warbler. What a great bird! Your photos are so much better than mine. I tried to get the Chestnut-sided Warblers that were all over the yard, but my pictures just didn't do this favorite warbler justice. Yours does.
Kay

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails