Thursday, December 10, 2015

Courting Waterfowl - Buffleheads

Buffleheads are one of our smallest ducks. Their general appearance and demeanor suggests sweetness. Don't be deceived. When it comes to the all important task of transmitting genes, the boys are as aggressive as any in trying to impress the girls and intimidate the other boys. Often multiple boys will be trying to impress and win over one girl in what we would call in human terms as sexual harassment.

She's mine - get away!

And stay away!

Guess I told him. Aren't I something, beautiful lady!

He's back! Didn't get the message.

Get away, already!
And this final photo seems to show one guy gloating over his victory while his rival dives for safety. However, I prefer the caption, coming from the guy on the left: "Well, kiss my a**!"


2 comments:

CountryCityCindy said...

Love buffelheads and we have them each year in Michigan although I think they are just passing thru in spring, then fall. Great pics!

CountryCityCindy said...

Love buffelheads and we have them each year in Michigan although I think they are just passing thru in spring, then fall. Great pics!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails