Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pileated Woodpecker

I'm still recovering from last weekend with the Newfane Heritage Festival (I had responsibility for all exhibitors). If you are interested, you can see more about this arts & crafts festival at www.newfaneheritagefestival.org

My hawkwatching friend, known to some as "Woodcarver Phil," and to others at Putney Phil (somewhat akin to that Pennsylvania groundhog prognosticator, Punxsytawney Phil, on account of predicting when the big Broad-winged Hawk day would be) - was one of the exhibitors. (I do hope you did not get lost in the subordinate clauses and parentheses.) He sold his hard carved feathered friend back scratchers - which by the way come with a life-time guarantee, good for as long as he lives.

Good birding!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I can't imagine having that kind of skill or patience! Such vibrant colors.

Warren and Lisa Strobel said...

Cool and kinda creepy at the same time :)

Have a good weekend, Chris!

Chris said...

Excellent, truly excellent... Can we get one of these sent to us???
Have a nice birding week end Chris.

Chris Petrak said...

Warren & Lisa - they are cool, and the scratch the itch - I love mine.
Chris - you would have to contact Phil - he ships, but I don't know if outside of NA - his email is jelpmorgan@yahoo.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails