Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Brief Sample from Arizona

I'm traveling in Arizona until end of January. Spent the first week in Madera Canyon with no modern conveniences, but peace, quiet, and good birds. Hopefully the Reformer will be able to run a column from the canyon on Friday and I can post it on Saturday. I'm working on the laptop and don't have my usual programs and tools, but here is an early sampling of some of the birds which stayed still long enough to get something of a photo.

First, the western replacement for our Black-capped Chickadee - the Bridled Titmouse:


Arizona Woodpecker ...

One of the most beautiful bird I have ever seen - Painted Redstart ...

One of several new sparrows for my life list, seen near Patagonia Lake, the Rufous-winged Sparrow ...

Harris' Hawk ...

The clown of the western woods, the Acorn Woodpecker ...

Good Birding!!

1 comment:

Dawn Fine said...

cool...I miss birding there...this winter we are in Florida...which is nice also..
but..Love Arizona.
Last year this time...in Catalina state park in Tucson a Rufoused backed robin hung out for quite a while...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails