Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pelagic Trip - Documentation

Monday I did a Bird/Whale Watch from Newburyport. Trip went out about 20 miles. In addition to the whales, this trip also "pursued" birds, and included staff from Joppa Flats Audubon Center for spotting. Following the trip, I went briefly to Plum Island, and next morning back to the island before heading to NH for Mississippi Kite.

For now, just some documentation photos of the pelagic birds, beginning with ...

Manx Shearwater (lifer) ...

Cory's Shearwater ...

Greater Shearwater ...

Sooty Shearwater ...

Parasitic Jaeger ...

Wilson's Storm-Petrel ...

... and a shorebird, but one often seen far out at sea. Only my second sighting, and much better than last year when I first ticked it.

Red-necked Phalarope ...

More later when I have finally processed the photos.

Good birding!!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Awesome photos Chris!! I love all of your shearwater pics and can't get over their magnificent wingspan! Love the Wilson's Storm Petrel. Can't wait to see the other photos when you get them on your blog.

Anonymous said...

ooOOooh, what fun. Looks like you got the usual suspects over Stellwagon Bank.

Hilke Breder said...

Nice photos!! You must be enjoying your new camera - you get what you pay for and the quality really shows. I went on the July trip, same boat, same schedule but you saw a lot more birds. I will be going on the overnight pelagic trip out of Hyannis next week, hope to get lots of good photos if the weather holds.

Shelley said...

Wonderful!!

Christopher said...

Great trip - and even better photos!! Really nice pics of the 4 shearwaters and jaeger.

I'm really curious now to see if you got the MIKI...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails