Sunday, August 09, 2009

Random Backyard Photos - New Camera

The last week and a half was expected to be busy with more family and grandkids visiting, but unexpected things made it even busier. However, I have managed to begin getting familiar with my new camera and lens - Canon 50D, 28-135mm lens, & 100-400mm L series lens.

Heading to Newburyport tomorrow for a Bird/whale Watch trip, then Plum Island and shore birds.

Here are a few photos from the last week.

Chipping Sparrow in apple tree ...

Chipping Sparrow on platform feeder ...

Madela, the grand-dog (just finished eating cat food - was hoping she might get the groundhog - some hunter!) ...

Mourning Dove in apple tree ...

Downy Woodpecker (young female) ...

Day Lily, one of many varieties in the garden ...

Ruby-throated Hummingbird ...

Good Birding!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are doing very well with the new toys. Plum Island should be good.

Wilma said...

These photos are great. The only thing is, no excuses now! Have fun.

Hilke Breder said...

Nice photos! Have fun with the new camera - from my own experience with my Nikon there is so much to learn, so many options, so many choices to make.....

Warren and Lisa Strobel said...

Chris - WONDERFUL pictures. Especially the hummer. Would love to hear more about the camera as you use it... I'm thinking of upgrading.

Warren

birdspot said...

Congratulations! I had a feeling you were about to do that!

Larry said...

I'll be doing the same thing one of these days. I like the color of the throat and the wing position in that hummer photo.

FAB said...

Nice series Chris with the new gear.
I'll be very interested to learn what you think of the 100-400 lens.

Dawn Fine said...

Great shots! Hummer!

Unknown said...

Wow - we seem to be traveling along parallel paths, Chris. I got a new Sony H50 about a week before you bought the HX1, and I posted backyard pics taken with my new-to-me Nikon D100 a few days after this post! Your photos are awesome, though; far better than I managed or could ever do! I love your Musing on Gulls, as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails